AAFS 70th Annual Conference Presentation¶
Welcome to Workshop #7: Data Standards, Archiving and Analytics in Forensic Anthropology
CoRA first introduced to the world
CoRA was first introduced to the outside world at the American Academy of Forensic Science AAFS 70th Annual Conference held in Seattle, WA in February 2018.
Presentations of a unified data architecture and ontology for recording and managing biometric data in forensic anthropology will be presented in this session.
After attending this presentation, attendees will understand the benefits of a unified data architecture and ontology of forensic anthropology data, which enables the development and implementation of software applications for data analytics. Attendees of this session will join a community of users and will gain access to open source software for recording and managing biometric data in forensic anthropology.
Impact on the Forensic Science Community¶
This presentation will impact the forensic science community by providing access to an ecosystem of software applications for forensic anthropology that facilitates casework analyses. Casework efficiencies are realized through a common ontology, enabling data sharing and opportunities for new methods. The ecosystem of applications is based on open source software that fosters collaboration and community engagement via appropriate interfaces and Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
Links to workshop presentations¶
- Introduction to Information Management, Project Pipelines, and the Commingled Remains Analytics Platform
- Knowledge Management and Ontology of Forensic Anthropology Research Data From Texas State
- Hands-On Exercise: The R-Programming Environment and Its Application to Biometric Data and Analytics in Forensic Anthropology
- Skelet-O Matic: A Macro-Enabled Inventory Application
- Osteosort: Lecture, Demonstration, and Hands-On Tutorial
- TDStats for Automating Facial Soft Tissue Thickness Analysis
- Note to participants on software.pdf
- FORDISC® Updates and Demonstration
Link to AAFS 2018 conference website¶